Thursday, March 16, 2017

consort

storm brewing


shall I be lawless and rude?
yield to the greedy gnawing
bringing sweet warm wine to lips long parched
orange peels and cinnamon, damp wood and moss
I'm consorting with nature's princes
how long will I be fooled?

 I court deception to please my soul
aware of the loss that hasn't flown yet
coaxing unaccustomed honey out of comfortable bitterness
will the taste linger long enough to justify the forfeit
I hear his pulse inviting me to swim
in the cool green blue



*post script: I bought a new laptop and while moving files over, I found a couple things I'd written for another blog I've since deleted. The intensity of the compositions surprised me. I have three entries. I'll start with this one. It's the lightest of the three.

**photo was taken at the cottage as a storm was building in the northwest. No filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment